Tuesday 4 December 2012

Sound

Foley Sound

I noticed, while re-watching Black Swan that throughout the film there is a lot of sinister breathing, wing flapping/fluttering (etc.) foley sounds - watching it for the first time I didn't realise this but it adds a lot to the tension without the audience really realising, making it even more unnerving.

(much more obvious in this clip but I couldn't find another one)



I'd like to record some sounds of this nature (breathing, soft laughing, whispered words/phrases) to heighten the sense of my characters insanity

I want a lot of amplification of real sounds, over the general background noises of the train station, so these will be recorded and manipulated digitally

I will record these on Logic Pro 9 and create an mp3 track, which I will combine with the effects I have put together on Final Cut Pro X for the "inside head" noises
I will also take a buzz track for atmospheric sound throughout the film, using a digital audio recorder



Dialogue
All dialogue aspects of my film will take place in the empty room so I will record it with a directional mic:


Non-diegetic Sound
I will write all music for my film on Logic Pro 9 and convert to mp3 tracks for use in Final Cut Pro X
I would like to write a tension building, ominous track for varied use in the train station scene, something like:





and a melancholy classical piano track for possible use in the final "interview" scene, something like:



No comments:

Post a Comment